- I will fight to Protect Prop 13.
- If there is a gray area in the law, I will side with you, the taxpayer.
- I have voluntarily extended the time period in which taxpayer’s can ask for a review of their assessment.
- My office has cut the appeals rate in half and it is now the lowest of any county our size and one of the lowest in the state.
- I have come in under budget 13 out of 14 years and returned over $2.3 million to the county general fund.
- The workload in the office has increased by 28%, but through innovation, productivity is up by 44%.
- The additional work is being done without increasing staffing. When I took office and now the department employee count remains at 85.
- Replaced 30+ year old computer system with current technology system on budget and on time.
- New technology is the foundation for future department and customer service improvements.
- Upgraded web site to provide better service and replace fee based services with free services.
- Vocal advocate for transparency in government, fiscal responsibility, and conservative principles.
- Introduced a low value ordinance that eliminated property taxes for small businesses.
- During housing bubble busts, proactively responded by reviewing the values of more than 50,000 properties and removing over $4.7 billion of assessed value from the assessment roll — saving SLO County taxpayers over $47 million dollars.
- In process of transforming into a paperless office, saving time, money, and further increasing efficiency.
- All information electronically available to taxpayers from both SLO and North County offices.
- Appraisers in the field will have access to files and perform updates remotely.